Established on January 1st, 2016, The Norwegian Directorate of eHealth (NDE) is a sub-ordinate institution of our Ministry of Health and Care Services. The former eHealth division of The Norwegian Directorate of Health provided the nucleus from which the new Directorate of eHealth has evolved.
The Norwegian Directorate of eHealth will implement the national policy on eHealth, establish the requisite standards, and administrate the use of eHealth methodology nation-wide.
Our two principal responsibilities
1. National steering and coordination of eHealth through close cooperation with regional health authorities, local authorities, technical organisations, and other interested parties.
2. Develop and administrate digital solutions that will improve and simplify our health and care sector.
Our Social Commitment
1. We will contribute to making our health and care sector holistic and evidence-based endeavour, which utilises the new technological possibilities and involves the people in order to achieve better public health, better results from the health and care sector, and better use of the resources.
2. We will motivate and stimulate the development of better eHealth solutions.
As the national competent authority of eHealth in Norway, our responsibilities include:
- Implementation the country's policy on eHealth
- Ensuring efficient national administration of eHealth
- Serving as the secretariat of national fora on eHealth
- Providing technical advice and interpretation of the relevant laws
- Problem description and analysis in eHealth
- Formulating and following-up the national implementation plans in eHealth
- Establishing norms and standards
- Determining the codes, terminology and ICT standards, and their administration
- Development, introduction and administration of national eHealth services such as E-prescription, summary care record and electronic patient's records.
- Ensuring intersectorial and international cooperation in ICT in health and care services
- Participation as a component of the national security infra-structure
The Norwegian Directorate of eHealth is responsible for development of the digital eHealth services Kjernejournal and electronic prescriptions (e-resept).
Kjernejournal (Summary Care Record)
Kjernejournal (Summary Care Record) is a collection of your health records used when in need of urgent medical access. Kjernejournal was developed in strict compliance with statutory requirements for security and data privacy. Access to kjernejournal will be granted solely to you and health care facilities authorised by the Norwegian Directorate of eHealth. Access is obtained in a secure health service network.
You can view your public health records at the web-portal helsenorge.no.
My prescriptions allows you who have received a electronic prescription (e-prescriptions) an overview of the medicine assigned to you.
To access My Prescriptions you will have to log in and this requires an electronic ID.
What is eHealth?
eHealth is a term used to describe healthcare practice supported by electronic processes and communication.
eHealth refers to tools and services using information- and communication-technologies (ICTs) that can improve the healthcare system as a whole, including prevention, diagnosis, treatment, monitoring and management of medical conditions and diseases.
Sist oppdatert: 7. desember 2017